Wednesday 8 August 2012

What comes first, the chicken or the egg?

What came first? The chicken or the egg?
There have been a couple of times recently when I had a feeling that something was going to happen, and lo and behold, it happens. Most recently I had a feeling that I needed to ensure that I had my breakdown cover card with me and during the journey my car broke down. How is this explained? Did I create the breakdown by thinking about it or did I psychically pick up that the car was going to break down that day?

Take another time, I thought to myself that I hadn't had toothache for a while and the very next day, my tooth started throbbing, and wouldn't be pacified even by strong painkillers. Did I create this, or did I simply sense it? Many years ago, I knew when my boyfriend had written a letter to me, and when I arrived home there was a letter from him. In this case, I must have picked up that it had happened, I couldn't 'create' a letter, by thinking about him writing it. 

There have been numerous times when I have been thinking of a specific friend, only to get an email or call from her a little while later. Did I create the call by putting out an energetic wave from thinking about her or did I pick up on the fact that she was about to call anyway? 

Those who believe in the law of Attraction certainly seem to believe that you get what you think about and that everything we experience is in some way created by us. But why would I want to create a car bill?!  or the inconvenience of being stuck for several days without a car? Why would I want the pain of toothache? It doesn't make sense.

 If it is the case that we pick up on things that are about to happen, does this mean then that we don't have any say in what happens, thus disproving the theory of the law of attraction?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Bonita,

    I do believe that we create our experience, though I think the Law of Attraction can be overly simplified at times around how this happens. I also have felt that it didn't make sense; but I found that it *could* make sense, for myself, if I really got acquainted with all the thoughts, beliefs and feelings that I was carrying around inside. It's not as simple as it can sound. Oftentimes I found that my desires and my real beliefs about myself were very much at odds.

    Personally, I think that on some level we're aware of what we're creating, from the inside, and that's why precognition can work. As for which comes first...perhaps it's both? Our thoughts creating a circumstance *and* our intuition giving us the picture of what, in fact, we're creating? I guess it's a big question that each person will have to find a personally relevant response to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Seth, Many thanks for your reply. You're right, we often want one thing but feel something that is totally at odds with it. Which must cause the universe some confusion!

      When I come to think about it, one time when I had car problems I was really tired and had planned on visiting someone. It was a duty visit, I didn't feel in the mood for it that day but I had promised so I set off. I broke down literally a 2 minute drive away from one of my favourite visitor attractions. My car got fixed eventually by the road side, but by this stage it was too late to complete my journey so I had a wonderful day at the visitor attraction, giving myself the break that I needed. I returned refreshed.

      Did I create my car break down so that I could get out of visiting that day? Did my desire (for a day off) and my belief (that I should honour my promise to visit) cause a clash. Was it a case that the strongest emotion (for want of a better word) won the day? Did I want a day off MORE than to visit my friend? Does this mean that in actuality, we get what we want MORE. If we really want something does this give out a stronger signal than if we only vaguely want something? Is this how cosmic ordering really works?

      In the case of those times when we don't get what we have ordered, does this mean that what we truly believe was stronger than what we think we desired?

      Delete
  2. Hi, I like your blog! I very much believe that a lot of the things you have mentioned are due to the law of attraction. Unfortunately we don't only attract good things but with a little practice I believe we can do just that. Good luck with the blog and maybe visit me at mine http://www.smileforevermore.com/index.php/view-blogs best wishes Debbie Phelan

    ReplyDelete